Frank F. Judd Jr. is a professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University. Born and raised in New Jersey, Judd served a full-time mission to Sacramento, California. Judd earned a BA and and an MA in ancient Near Eastern studies from BYU and an MA and a PhD in New Testament and early Christianity from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has been a full-time teacher at BYU since 1999 and has taught at the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern studies. He is married to the former Jill Fillmore, and they have five daughters.
Frank F. Judd Jr.
Frank F. Judd Jr.
Books Edited by This Author
- Sperry Symposium Classics: The New Testament
- How the New Testament Came to Be
- "Behold the Lamb of God": An Easter Celebration
- Shedding Light on the New Testament: Acts—Revelation
- The Ministry of Peter, the Chief Apostle
- The Household of God: Families and Belonging in the Social World of the New Testament
Articles by This Author
- What Nephi’s Vision Teaches about the Bible and the Book of Mormon in The Things Which My Father Saw
- Jesus Christ: The Savior Who Knows in Learn of Me
- The Good Shepherd and His Other Sheep in John 10 and 3 Nephi 15-16 in They Shall Grow Together
- Additional Resources for Gospel Teachers in The Household of God
- Samuel the Lamanite and Prophecies Fulfilled in Samuel the Lamanite
- Moroni’s Six Commentaries in the Book of Ether in Illuminating the Jaredite Records
- Alma and the Sacred Things in Give Ear to My Words
- Hebrews and the General Epistles: Hebrews, James, 1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, and Jude in New Testament History, Culture, and Society
- The Epistles of the Apostle Paul: An Overview in New Testament History, Culture, and Society
- Jesus and the Ossuaries: First-Century Jewish Burial Practices and the Lost Tomb of Jesus in "Behold the Lamb of God"
- Interpreting Caiaphas’s “Prophecy” of the Savior’s Death in "Behold the Lamb of God"
- Jesus Christ: The Savior Who Knows in Celebrating Easter
- The Condescension of God according to Paul in Shedding Light on the New Testament
- Who Really Wrote the Gospels? A Study of Traditional Authorship in How the New Testament Came to Be
- Principles of New Testament Textual Criticism in How the New Testament Came to Be
- The Revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul: Presenting a Deeper, Full Christology in Thou Art the Christ, the Son of the Living God
- Melchizedek: Seeking After the Zion of Enoch in Sperry Symposium Classics: The Old Testament
- Chapters, Verses, Punctuation, Spelling, and Italics in The King James Bible and the Restoration
- "Be Ye Therefore Perfect": The Elusive Quest for Perfection in The Sermon on the Mount in Latter-day Scripture
- John the Beloved in Latter-day Scripture (D&C 7) in The Doctrine and Covenants: Revelations in Context
- "Chapters, Verses, Punctuation, Spelling, and Italics in the King James Version" in By Study and by Faith
- How to Be Reclaimed from the Fall of Adam in Living the Book of Mormon: Abiding by Its Precepts
- Jaredite Zion Societies: Hope for a Better World in The Book of Mormon: Fourth Nephi Through Moroni, From Zion to Destruction
- The Case for Petrine Authorship of 1 Peter in The Ministry of Peter, the Chief Apostle
- Conflicting Interpretations of Isaiah in Abinadi’s Trial in Abinadi
- The Jerusalem Conference: The First Council of the Christian Church in Religious Educator Vol. 12 No. 1 · 2011
- The Distinctive Testimonies of the Four Gospels in Religious Educator Vol. 8 No. 2 · 2007
- Chapters, Verses, Punctuation, Spelling, and Italics in the King James Version in Religious Educator Vol. 7 No. 2 · 2006
- Eli and His Sons: Some Lessons for Parents in Religious Educator Vol. 2 No. 2 · 2001