Lloyd D. Newell is a professor of Church history and doctrine at Brigham Young University and is an associate faculty member in the School of Family Life. He holds an MA in communications and a PhD in marriage, family, and human development from BYU. He has addressed audiences in forty-five states and more than a dozen other countries through his seminars and keynote speaking engagements. He has been a television news anchorman and a news magazine host in Utah, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. He continues to serve as host and announcer for many local and national programs and events. He is also the author of ten books and numerous articles. He has served as announcer and writer for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir inspirational broadcast Music and the Spoken Word since 1990. This historic broadcast—the world’s longest continuing network broadcast—is heard and seen on hundreds of television and radio stations by millions of people around the world. Lloyd and his wife, Karmel, are the parents of four children.
- Newell, Lloyd D.
Newell, Lloyd D.
Articles/Chapters by: Lloyd D. Newell
- Profiles of the Prophets: Gordon B. Hinckley from RE 7, no. 1 (2006)
- Reproving with Sharpness—When? from RE 2, no. 1 (2001)
- Called to Serve for a Season: Church Callings and Releases from RE 11, no. 3 (2010)
- Attributes and Approaches of Effective Gospel Teachers from RE 13, no. 2 (2012)
- 15. "From the Crossroads of the West": Eight Decades of Music and the Spoken Word from Salt Lake City: The Place Which God Prepared
- Breathing Life into a Dead Class from RE 13, no. 3 (2012)
- "All Are Alike Unto God": Equality and Charity in the Book of Mormon from Living the Book of Mormon
- 8. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Pacific Tour, 1988 from Regional Studies in Latter-day Saint Church History: The Pacific Isles
- 5. Rearing Children in Love and Righteousness: Latitude, Limits, & Love from By Divine Design: Best Practices for Family Success and Happiness
- Engaging Intellect and Feeding Faith: A Conversation with Robert L. Millet from RE 15, no. 2 (2014)
- “Walk in Newness of Life” from Our Savior’s Love
- Richard O. Cowan: Fifty-Three Years as a Teacher, Scholar, and Mentor from An Eye of Faith
- Instruments or Agents? Balancing Submissiveness and Anxious Engagement in Heavenly Father’s Plan from Let Us Reason Together