- Copyright Page
- Gifts of the Spirit
- Including God in History
- The Fall of Kirtland: The Doctrine and Covenants’ Role in Reaffirming Joseph
- Rivers, Canals, and Overland Travel
- Doctrine and Covenants 129:8 and the Reality of Satan’s Physicality
- Adversity: The Refiner’s Fire
- Lorin Farr, Friend of the Prophet
- Brigham Young University and Jerusalem before Semester Abroad, 1931–1968
- “Tap Lightly”: Managing Classroom Behavior
- Building Stronger Testimonies
- Profiles of the Prophets: Brigham Young
The gift of the Holy Ghost is usually the vehicle through which other gifts are manifest. Often we overlook the significance of these gifts in our lives and in our baskets of overflowing blessings.
Regardless of why trials come, they offer us an opportunity to strengthen and refine ourselves, to trust in or reject God. If in the end we have turned to Him, we can always be sure God will give us what we need to make us whole.
It is a marvelous union of eternal truths and the responsibilities that attend them that give birth to strong testimonies. It is through a strong testimony that we can make a change in the world.