Schwarzenberg Branch, Zwickau District
Roger P. Minert, In Harm’s Way: East German Latter-day Saints in World War II (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 493-4.
The town of Schwarzenberg in Saxony is located eighteen miles southeast of Zwickau, seven miles north of the Czech border. In 1939, approximately seven thousand people lived in Schwarzenberg; fifty-one were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
|Other Adult Males|
As of this writing, no eyewitnesses could be found, and thus no description of the branch, its meeting place, or its membership is available. The mission directory for September 1938 shows an address of Grünhainerstrasse 8, on the main floor of the first Hinterhaus of “Hecker’s factory.”
In the final months of the war, the rooms in which the Schwarzenberg Branch met were confiscated; throngs of refugees pouring into the region needed housing, and the city government appropriated space wherever possible.
No members of the Schwarzenberg Branch are known to have lost their lives in World War II.
 Presiding Bishopric, “Financial, Statistical, and Historical Reports of Wards, Stakes, and Missions, 1884–1955,” CR 4 12, 257.
 . “Die Geschichte der Gemeinde Zwickau in Kurzfassung” (unpublished history); private collection.