Schlegel Branch, Breslau District
Roger P. Minert, In Harm’s Way: East German Latter-day Saints in World War II (Provo, UT: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2009), 144.
The town of Schlegel in Silesia was about fifty miles south of Breslau, just fifteen miles from the border of Czechoslovakia. Situated in the Neuroder Mountain Range, the town had a population of about four thousand in the years preceding World War II. Among Catholic and Protestant neighbors, a small branch of Latter-day Saints also called Schlegel their home.
|Other Adult Males||4|
The history of the East German Mission mentions the branch in Schlegel only once before the history discontinued in early 1939: on Sunday, June 12, 1938, a branch conference was held in Schlegel. As of this writing, no eyewitnesses were available to tell of other events in the branch or the lives of the members of the Church in Schlegel, Germany.
No members of the Schlegel Branch are known to have lost their lives in World War II.
 Presiding Bishopric, “Financial, Statistical, and Historical Reports of Wards, Stakes, and Missions, 1884–1955,” CR 4 12, 257.
 East German Mission Quarterly Reports, 1938, no. 25, East German Mission History.