- Front Matter
- How to Communicate Effectively
- Making a Case for Church History
- Doctrine and Covenants 21: History as Witness
- Return to the Joseph Smith Family Farm
- Angels in the Age of Railways
- On Agency
- Egypt in the Bible
- The Seal of Melchizedek?
- "This Is My Gospel": Jesus' Discourse in 3 Nephi
- Suffering for the Savior's Sake
- “The Unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost”
- A House of Faith
- Seminaries and Institutes of Religion
- Half a Century of Teaching
- Called to Serve for a Season: Church Callings and Releases
"He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do; and that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations."
"Know then that ev'ry soul is free
To choose his life and what he'll be;
For this eternal truth is given,
That God will force no man to heaven."
Christ said, "Therefore, what manner of men [and women] ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." Where His's gospel is concerned it is all a matter of "will"—whether we chose to follow God's or our own.