David M. Whitchurch was an associate professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University when this was written. He grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. After graduating from high school, he attended the University of Utah for a year before going on the Southwest Indian mission, Navajo speaking. After returning home, he transferred to Utah State University. He taught for the Church Educational System (Seminary and Institutes) for twenty years and has been at BYU full time since 1998. His teaching career has allowed him to live in the Southwest United States, western Canada, the Middle East, and various places in Utah. He and his wife, Tina, have three children.
- Whitchurch, David M.
Whitchurch, David M.
Articles/Chapters by: David M. Whitchurch
- The Bible—A Priceless Treasure from RE 7, no. 2 (2006)
- Challenges in Printing Early English Bibles from RE 5, no. 1 (2004)
- The Pedagogy of a Church Leader: Lessons Learned from Joseph F. Smith’s 1854–1916 Letters to His Sister, Martha Ann Smith Harris from RE 2, no. 2 (2001)
- Discipleship and the Epistle of James from Go Ye Into All the World: Messages of the New Testament Apostles
- 4. The Coming Forth of the King James Bible from The King James Bible and the Restoration
- 5. The Unifying Power of Spiritual Gifts from Shedding Light on the New Testament
- 4. Ever Learning, Ever Teaching: Lessons from Joseph F. Smith from Teach One Another Words of Wisdom: Selections from the "Religious Educator"
- Thomas Bilney: A Prelude to the Restoration from Prelude to the Restoration: Apostasy to the Restored Church
- Personal Glimpses of Joseph F. Smith: Adolescent to Prophet from Joseph F. Smith: Reflections on the Man and His Times
- Las Islas SandwichSiempre aprendiendo, siempre enseñando: Lecciones de Joseph F. Smith from Buscad Diligentemente