Alexander L. Baugh is a professor in the Department of Church History and Doctrine at BYU. He received his BS from Utah State University and his MA and PhD degrees from BYU. He specializes in researching and writing about the Missouri period of early Church history (1831–39). He is the author or editor of five books. In addition, he has published nearly fifty historical journal articles, essays, and book chapters. He is a member of the Mormon History Association, the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation, and the John Whitmer Historical Association, the last of which he served as president from 2006 to 2007. He is the editor of Mormon Historical Studies, codirector of research for the Religious Studies Center at BYU, and a volume editor for The Joseph Smith Papers. He is married to the former Susan Johnson, and they are the parents of five children and have six grandchildren. He and his family reside in Highland, Utah.
- Baugh, Alexander L.
Baugh, Alexander L.
Articles/Chapters by: Alexander L. Baugh
- Teacher, Scholar, Administrator: A Conversation with Robert J. Matthews from RE 5, no. 3 (2004)
- The Doctrine and Covenants: A Roundtable Discussion from RE 11, no. 2 (2010)
- Joseph Smith and the Redemption of Zion, 1834 from Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer
- Joseph Smith in Northern Missouri, 1838 from Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer
- 1. Images of Wilford Woodruff's Life: A Photographic Journey from Banner of the Gospel: Wilford Woodruff
- 11. Wilford Woodruff Chronology from Banner of the Gospel: Wilford Woodruff
- "I've Lived My Dream!" A Conversation with Arnold K. Garr from RE 13, no. 2 (2012)
- Writings of Robert J. Matthews, 1960–2006 from A Witness for the Restoration
- 12. The Church in Twentieth-Century Great Britain: A Historical Overview from Regional Studies in Latter-day Saint Church History: The British Isles
- 20. Defending Mormonism: The Scandanavian Mission Presidency of Andrew Jenson, 1909–12 from Go Ye into All the World: The Growth and Development of Mormon Missionary Work
- 11. Joseph Smith's Athletic Nature from Joseph Smith: The Prophet, the Man
- Publishing Mormon History: A Conversation with Alexander L. Baugh from RE 16, no. 1 (2015)
- “For Their Salvation Is Necessary and Essential to Our Salvation”: Joseph Smith and the Practice of Baptism and Confirmation for the Dead from An Eye of Faith
- LaMar C. Berrett from Conversations with Mormon Historians
- Robert J. Matthews from Conversations with Mormon Historians
- Max H Parkin from Conversations with Mormon Historians