5 May 1844 (Sunday Afternoon and Evening). Mansion House. 
Joseph Smith Diary, by Willard Richards
—5 May 1844
 See History of the Church, 6:356. Not in Teachings. The original source for the entry in History of the Church is undoubtedly the Joseph Smith Diary, by Willard Richards.
 Colonel John Frierson, of Quincy, was a government surveyor. A Democrat, he served in the original territorial legislature of Iowa.
 Henry Clay's letter to Joseph Smith was dated 15 November 1843. It is not known when the Prophet received the letter, but he replied on 13 May 1844. See History of the Church, 6:376-77.