Barbara thoroughly enjoys teaching religion at BYU. When this was written she was teaching the Doctrine and Covenants and Teachings of the Living Prophets. She served as the first female institute director and coordinator for Seminaries and Institutes in eastern Massachusetts. Her research interests focus primarily on international education, most specifically Latin America, and instructional pedagogy. Barbara received her PhD in Instructional Psychology. Her master's degree is in Educational Leadership and Foundations with an emphasis in international education development. Previous to teaching at BYU she worked as a seminary and institute teacher as well as a researcher for the Church Educational System. She was born in raised in Salem, Oregon, served a Spanish-speaking mission in the Los Angeles visitors’ center, and currently resides in Provo, UT. Barbara enjoys her family of twelve siblings and their spouses, fifty-four amazing nephews and nieces and incredible parents, and extended family. She enjoys learning, teaching, traveling, people, the great outdoors, and life!
- Gardner, Barbara Morgan
Gardner, Barbara Morgan
Articles/Chapters by: Barbara Morgan Gardner
- “He Healed Them All”: Understanding Mental Illness in the Classroom from RE 9, no. 1 (2008)
- Helping Students Understand Divine Truth from RE 11, no. 1 (2010)
- Seminaries and Institutes of Religion from RE 11, no. 3 (2010)
- Helping Our Students Become Spiritually Self-Reliant from RE 13, no. 2 (2012)
- The Impact of Centro Escolar Benemerito de las Americas, a Church School in Mexico from RE 15, no. 1 (2014)
- “Lift Where You Stand”: A Conversation with Elder Paul V. Johnson from RE 16, no. 3 (2015)
- Improving Learning and Teaching: A Conversation with Russell T. Osguthorpe from RE 15, no. 3 (2014)
- El Impacto del ‘Centro Escolar Benemérito de las Américas, una Escuela de la Iglesia en México.
- Insights from the CES Commissioner from RE 18, no. 3 (2017)
- Helping Female Students Rise to Their Spiritual Privileges from RE 18, no. 3 (2017)
- Ayudar a las Alumnas a Obtener Sus Privilegios Espirituales
- "Line upon Line": Joseph Smith's Growing Understanding of the Eternal Family from RE 20, no. 1 (2019)