Brother Harper earned his Ph.D. in early American history from Lehigh University. He taught religion and history at BYU-Hawaii before joining the faculty in Provo and becoming an editor of the Joseph Smith Papers in 2002.
- Harper, Steven C.
Harper, Steven C.
Articles/Chapters by: Steven C. Harper
- 4. Oliver Cowdery as Second Witness of Priesthood Restoration from Days Never to Be Forgotten: Oliver Cowdery
- 10. “All Things Are the Lord’s”: The Law of Consecration in the Doctrine and Covenants from The Doctrine and Covenants: Revelations in Context
- 4. Thomas Muntzer and the Radical Reformation from Prelude to the Restoration: Apostasy to the Restored Church
- “It Maketh My Bones to Quake”: Teaching Doctrine and Covenants 85 from RE 6, no. 2 (2005)
- Learning by Study and Also by Faith: An Interview with Steven C. Harper from RE 10, no. 1 (2009)
- Document Editing: Helping Students Quench Their Thirst from RE 10, no. 2 (2009)
- The Doctrine and Covenants: A Roundtable Discussion, Part 1 from RE 10, no. 2 (2009)
- The Doctrine and Covenants: A Roundtable Discussion, Part 2 from RE 10, no. 3 (2009)
- Endowed with Power from RE 5, no. 2 (2005)
- Evaluating the Book of Mormon Witnesses from RE 11, no. 2 (2010)
- Joseph Smith and the Kirtland Temple, 1836 from Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer
- Angels in the Age of Railways from RE 11, no. 3 (2010)
- A Seeker's Guide to the Historical Accounts of Joseph Smith's First Vision from RE 12, no. 1 (2011)
- Joseph Smith and Hearty Repentance from RE 12, no. 2 (2011)
- Uniting Faith and History from RE 13, no. 2 (2012)
- Suspicion or Trust: Reading the Accounts of Joseph Smith's First Vision from No Weapon Shall Prosper
- "That They Might Come to Understanding": Revelation as Process from You Shall Have My Word